After much secrecy and behind-closed-doors work, the Senate GOP leadership released its much-anticipated health care bill yesterday. Knives were sharpened, indignation and adulation were expressed. There was even “die-in” outside Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s office.
Here’s a round-up of initial reaction stories and views:
- Senate GOP releases health care bill and battle lines form – PBS NewsHour
- Winners and losers from the Senate repeal bill – Politico
- Senate Health Care Bill Includes Deep Cuts to Medicaid – The New York Times
- Senate health care bill: 4 key Republicans come out against GOP plan – Fox News
- Obama attacks Republican health bill as 'massive transfer of wealth' to the rich – The Guardian
- Here’s how Ronald Reagan would fix the GOP’s health-care mess – Washington Post (commentary)