In the US CDC’s first recommendations for the fully vaccinated, the do’s and don’ts have drawn some fire for being “too cautious.”
2 weeks after receiving their final dose, vaccinated people can:
- Meet indoors with other fully vaccinated people without masks or social distancing
- Meet indoors with low-risk unvaccinated people from a single household
- Skip testing or quarantine when exposed to COVID-19 if asymptomatic
But they should continue to:
- Avoid nonessential travel and large crowds
- Wear masks and maintain social distancing in public
Public health expert Leana Wen slammed the new guidance as "far too cautious,” BBC reports.
The CDC was "missing a major opportunity to tie vaccination status with reopening guidance," she said.